Last changed: October 24, 2016
Couple Karma is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or store personal information from individuals under the age of 18.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you create a Couple Karma account, we ask you to provide:
- Your first name
- Your email address
- A password for your Couple Karma account
- Your partner’s email address
How We Use This Information
- To secure your account. You log in using your email address and Couple Karma password. If you forget your password, you can ask for a new one to be sent to your email address.
- To verify your account. When you create an account, we send a verification code to the email address you submit.
- To personalize your experience. We display your first name and your partner’s first name in the app instead of generic words like ‘user’ and ‘partner’.
- To join individual accounts together to form couple accounts. When the first partner signs up, they invite the second partner by submitting the second partner’s email address. When the second partner signs up, their email address is recognized and they are given the option to accept the first partner ‘s invitation. If they do, a couple account is formed.
What We Don’t Do With Your Information
- We don’t sell personal information, such as email addresses, to anyone else.
- We don’t send you marketing emails or any other kind of spam.
How We Secure Your Information
We treat this issue very seriously. We take reasonable technological and administrative measures to keep your information safe. For example, we use SSL and other cryptographic security techniques in collecting and storing your information, and we limit the number of administrative staff who can access it. However, despite these measures it should be noted that no method of transmitting and storing information electronically can completely eliminate the possibility of a security breach. For this reason, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your information.
How We Store Your Information
We use Google’s Firebase service to process and store your information. Firebase’s servers are located in the United States. Please do not use Couple Karma if you do not want your personal information to be stored in the United States.
How to Delete Your Information
You can delete your personal information by going to ‘Delete Account’ in the app. When you use this function, we cannot guarantee that the removal of your information will be immediate, but we make reasonable efforts to ensure that it will be removed promptly.
We use Google’s Firebase Analytics service to obtain various forms of demographic information about our users, which helps us to improve user experience. The information concerns such things as our users’ device model and operating system version, location, age, and gender. To obtain such information, Firebase Analytics uses a device’s Android Advertising Id. You can control the way in which apps can use your device’s Android Advertising Id by going to Ads via Settings > Google or via Google Settings on your device.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.